Thursday, September 26, 2013

P is for . . . Painting

Im always searching for new ways to interact with my little person, so the other day I decided to make some paint and have some fun with him.
Most of the recipes I found online , involved corn flour which I didnt have, and cooking which I didnt really want to do, or have the time to do.
So I decided to make my own.

Edible finger paint recipe






Ingredients

  • 1 cup of plain flour
  • 1 cup of water
  • Food dye
  • extra water
Method

  1. Put flour into a bowl and slowly add the water, mixing as you go 
  2. stir well making sure to get rid of all lumps
  3. At this point the mixture will still be a little bit thick (this is fine)
  4. Split the mixture up, and add food colouring until you reach your desired colour
  5. mix in more water until you have a smooth, runny consistency
We decided to do paining in the bath, the clean up was super quick and easy and he could make as much mess as he pleased!

Which he did!



Today I'm linking up with Grace from FYBF- head on over and give her a visit! And check out some other amazing blog pages while you at it!





14 comments:

  1. Oh, awesome fun! Smart move to do it in the bath, though! :)
    Thanks for linking up with FYBF, Kate! Great to have you on board! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, the bath is the only place we do it haha! I love messy fun, but not when I have to clean the whole house haha xx

      Delete
  2. What a great idea! Painting was always such a mess it put me off - I wish I'd thought o the bath when my boys were younger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep the bath is the best place! then they can pain the bath too!

      Delete
  3. We have been learning about mixing colours (such as yellow and blue) to make another colour. I haven't had any paint to show Mr4 what I was babbling about, but apparently I don't need to. I can make it myself!
    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh - that looks discusting! And fun! What a great idea :-) Cheers, Alison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is disgustingly fantastic fun thats for sure haha

      Delete
  5. We've done painting in the bath using shaving cream (sometimes with food colouring added). But best to wait til they are past the eating everything phase first! Popping over from FYBF, xx Danya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thats a clever idea too! Ethan is still at the, everything goes in my mouth stage haha! although he has stopped eating this, it must taste bad! xx

      Delete
  6. Ummm yes it's great for one baby - but with three, HELL NO I WON'T GO there. Have to admit it looks like fun, something a mum of three is VERY wary of ;) xx Em

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahha oh yes, much easier with one! I dont think it would be all that much fun with 3 haha! xx

      Delete
  7. I had no idea you could make paint! Is that crazy?! I am so going to do this. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah I only decided it because Ethan eats everything. Its not really "paint" I guess, but it works!

      Delete

A little bit of love, will make my day!